Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Broccoli Soufflé



This is one my families oldest recipes and probably the most favorite.  It was given to my mother by her best friend. I cannot remember a holiday where it was not on the table. Now, my nieces insist it be made, and I usually have to triple it; there is never enough! I have changed the original over the years, and feel I have finally found the perfect balance.  However, we recently bought pepper jack cheese by accident, which turned out to be a happy accident.  It was delicious that way, too.  Even if you hate broccoli, don't knock this one till you try it ~ you might just be surpised; I have converted many broccoli haters with this one!

Ingredients:
1 16oz bag of frozen broccoli florets - thawed
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup mayo
1 cup jack cheese - shredded
2 eggs (beaten)
1/2 cup Kraft grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

1.     Pulse broccoli in a food processor until it is in small bits
2.     Mix all ingredients, except Parmesan cheese, in a bowl
3.     Place into a greased casserole dish
4.     Bake a 375° for 45 minutes
5.     Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and bake for 15-20 more minutes until the Parmesan cheese is a deep golden brown that forms a crust, and the mixture does not jiggle when the dish is shaken.

Posted by Buffie

Broccoli Soufflé

<p>This is one my families oldest recipes and probably the most favorite. It was given to my mother by her best friend. I cannot remember a holiday where it was not on the table. Now, my nieces insist it be made, and I usually have to triple it-there ...

See Broccoli Soufflé on Key Ingredient.

No comments:

Post a Comment